Thursday, November 25, 2010

Baby Shower #1

We had our first baby shower a couple of weekends.ago  Our close friends were gracious enough to host it at their house.  It was my first ever baby shower, so I really had nothing to compare it to going in.  I was led to believe that because our shower was co-ed, it was not the “usual” chain of events that happens at your typical baby shower.
Our shower was awesome.  Friends came from as far as four + hours away to attend.  The couple that hosted at their house went over and above with the food and the hospitality.  I feel so blessed to have these friends in my life. 
We have another shower this weekend that is in my wife’s hometown, so I’m going to play my husband card on this one and not attend.  It will be a much more traditional shower in many respects, so my presence would just be awkward.  I should have some extra free time over Thanksgiving, as I don’t participate in Black Friday shopping unless it is done online.
The Iron Bowl will help me to pass the time.
Or I could just write more blog posts.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment