Thursday, November 11, 2010

Get Busy With the Cheese

I'm overweight, I'll go ahead and spare y'all the suspense. I'm one of the millions of Americans that falls into that category. Part of my reasoning behind that revelation is that I wanted to write tonight about one of my favorite things in the world. 

Cheese.

There aren't many things in this world that adding cheese to will mess up. There are a plethora of cheeses in the world, more than I have carnal knowledge of I'm ashamed to say. Example numero uno. Whomever came up with, stumbled upon by accident or tinkered with a recipe long enough to develop the cheese danish is a genius. We should bestow upon that individual the Nobel Peace Prize. It combines, sweetness with cheese, and for breakfast no less. I don't eat them very often, but dang it, I love them.

Burger King and Waffle House have developed sales strategies behind cheese. Want a Whopper with cheese? That'll be an extra 50 cents from the price of a regular Whopper. Whopper with cheese sounds awesome. Whopper without cheese? I'll pass. Actually, I'd rather not eat at BK if cheese isn't an option.  Scattered, smothered and covered just isn't the same if the covering isn't cheese.

 If Bubba from Forrest Gump were from Wisconsin instead of down there on the gulf with all them shrimps, he'd still be talking about cheese...cheeseburger, grilled cheese, broccoli & cheese sauce, cheese cake...

I don't know what it is with me and cheese, but I can make a meal from it. I'm not talking cheese and crackers, I'm talking straight up cheese. Give me a block of muenster and a knife and I'm good. kid Kiwi, my wife, about her French diet, not to be confused with the one featured here. Sometimes she eats Brie and an apple or pear for a meal. I hope that my son can curb his cheese cravings better than his old man. When we come to the fight about he has to eat his vegetables though, I know what secret weapon I'm pulling out of the refrigerator.

What's your favorite cheese or cheese dish?  Let me know and I'll give you an unorthodox shout out in my next post.

~ Baseball IronDad

No comments:

Post a Comment