Monday, February 7, 2011

Man in Transition

So Baby Razz has taken some big steps this week, figuratively of course, in his climb up the growth charts of life.  There have been a few bumps along the way, as there always is when trying something new, but Razz is an innovator and those bumps don’t stop him from trying.
Transition 1 - Diapers
We went up a size in diapers this weekend.  The move was probably long overdue.  They never seem small until you see the proper size diaper on and then are like “wow, we had our son in bikini briefs”.  Yeah, it was time.  Also, we had our first blowout.  I’m not usually one to share family bodily functions, but to be so small, this was impressive.
Transition 2 – Clothes
Clothes are tricky.  The pair of pants that I buy from Old Navy are going to fit differently than the pair of Carhartts I have in my closet.  It’s just the way the world works.  Infant clothing is the same way.  Carter’s fit completely different than the Gerber’s onesies do.  So with one manufacturer, Razz is wearing a 0-3 month and with another it’s 3-6 month...at 6 weeks old.  For the most part, we’ve quickly grown out of our newborn clothing.  It’s exciting on one hand, hard to believe that he was ever that small.  Scary on the other hand, in that a stage of his life has blown past me right before my eyes and I feel like I didn’t catch as much of it as I should have.
Transition 3 – Sleep
Baby Razz has been getting better and better at sleeping.  We still have nights that are less than desirable from both points of view, but he seems to be forging towards sleeping more regularly and for longer periods of time.  He has this pattern he’ll fall in to every now and then where he “beeps” himself to sleep.  He makes this vocal noise that sounds kind of like squeaking a latex balloon.  It makes for difficulty in sleeping for us as parents, but it seems to soothe him.  If it keeps him asleep at night, I’m all for it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not embarrassed to tell you that I cry each time one of my girls moves up in diaper sizes. LOL

    I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete