Thursday, October 21, 2010

IronDad Debut

So, depending on your beliefs and views, I may already be a father.  I may not be.  I definitely do not feel like a father yet because I haven't been thrown up on, changed a blowout diaper or gone 24 hours with little to no sleep because of my child's sleeping (or lack thereof) habits.  That being said, I can't wait to experience all of those things and those that are unknown to me.

I'm also trying to balance and further a career in the wonderful world of sports.  It's not as glamorous as it sounds.  There is no typical day in a career in sports, and often the hours are long and no one says thank you.  Regardless, I still love to know that my hard work gives someone the chance to see the wonderful game of baseball, or the ballpark that I call my second home, for the first time.

This journal will encompass many different things.  Not all will be about sports, not all will be about my humdrum life, not all will be about my new son.  I cannot promise that the content will ever be entertaining, insightful or pertinent, but it will be honest.

The reason I chose Baseball IronDad as my blog name is that I have worked for five seasons in baseball and have not missed a game.  My work ethic will not allow it.  So 300 games into my career and I haven't missed a start, I'm going to introduce bath time, car seats, daily bodily functions and sleep deprivation into my routine.


Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment