Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hurricane Razz

WOW.
That’s really all I have.  My son Razz joined us on this earth last Friday at 3:15 in the morning.  Our journey to that point was boring at times, chaotic at others but worth the price of admission in the end.  We spent a good portion of that day just waiting.  Waiting for a room, waiting for the medicine to work, waiting for the Doctor.  I’m not a big fan of waiting, neither is Kiwi.  Hurry up and wait.  We did a lot of that.
The wait was worth it though as Razz is a blessing.  His innocence and personality are awe inspiring.  He’s had somewhat of a rough go of it thus far as he had a rough delivery and is still battling a case of jaundice.
So since we brought him home on Monday, we’ve been on a roller coaster of sorts.  Coming home meant we were on our own.  No nursing staff or lactation consultants to help us out.  I know that the hospital is supposed to be a place for healing but it is impossible to get any rest in a hospital unless you’re in a coma. Somebody is coming in your room, on average, about every 45 minutes.  I timed it, and got the average.  It was redunkuless.
I’ve experienced the gamut of bodily functions in the last week, too.  #1 and #2 don’t bother me all that much.  I can deal.  #3 (vomit) on the other hand, I don’t do so well.  Poor Kiwi, bless her heart, had such a rough delivery that I got my fill of #3 for the next 5 years in about a 12 hour time span.

Razz is here and Kiwi and he are both healthy and safe at home.  I’m trying my best to keep the laundry beat down as the pile seems now to be never ending.  Sleep has never been so precious.  Neither has my son, Razz.

1 comment:

  1. So excited and happy for you both! Enjoy sleeping...I promise one day you'll get more than three hours of sleep at a time! :)

    ReplyDelete