Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm

So Kiwi and I are in unchartered waters.  Baby Razz is coming right along, but just isn’t quite ready to join us yet.  So we wait.  I feel like a kid at Christmas again, waiting on Santa Claus to come. Waiting is one of the things that I have the most trouble with in my day to day life.  I’ve gotten better over the years, but waiting for anything is still not my forte.

We’ve been trying to take advantage of this remaining “free time”, doing things that we know won’t be possible or easy when Baby Razz joins us.  Movies, going out to eat at restaurants that we enjoy, you know, the usual couple stuff.
I equate this waiting to hurricane preparation.  Regardless of how many batteries you buy, how much plywood you hang or number of sandbags you fill, you know that chaos is going to ensue.  It’s the adrenaline rush at its best.  The preparation excites you, but the unknown of what is on the cusp of happening is what really drives you. 
Raise your morning cup of coffee to the impending chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment